For the French version, please click here.
Continuation of Bali’s trip
After Ubud, let’s have a look to CANGGU [pronounced « tchangou »] and SEMINYAK, two cities in southwestern Bali dedicated to healthy food and surfing.
Gili Islands, three islands off the north-west coast of Lombok (I invite you to read my previous article for the description of the trip and the tourist explanations) are also very nice to stay there and to eat healthy.
In Bali, yoga is an institution, because yes, having a physical hygiene is essential to being healthy, but we don’t have to neglect the mental hygiene that is as much important. Yoga acts on both levels : body and mind. Yoga schools can be found all over Bali, the Gili Islands and Lombok. You just have to check the schedule online (everyone is very well connected over there!) and you go there at the desired time and pay for a course, or for several courses. Almost all of the yoga places offer pass with decreasing prices, do not hesitate to ask for information.
Where to do yoga in Canggu ?
- Samadi Bali : https://www.samadibali.com
- Serenity Eco Ghesthouse and yoga : http://www.serenityecoguesthouse.com/
- The practice : http://www.thepracticebali.com
The Practice, Canggu, Bali
Where to do yoga in Gili Trawangan ?
- The Yoga place : http://theyogaplacegili.com
- Fly high yoga : http://www.villasunsetbeach.com/Yoga.html
- Gili Yoga : http://www.giliyoga.com
- Soraya yoga : http://www.sorayayoga.com
Fly High Yoga on the beach, Gili T, Lombok
On Gili Trawangan, sunrise time, Lombok
Where to do yoga in Gili Air ?
- H2O : http://www.h2oyogaandmeditation.com –> I love it!
- Mandala Blue Hôtel : http://www.mandalablueyoga.com
H2O Yoga, Gili Air, Lombok
Where to do yoga in Kuta Lombok ?
- Mana yoga : http://www.manayogalombok.com –> I love their classes: Vinyasa, Yin yoga and Restorative yoga after a surf session!
- Ashtari (not evaluated) : http://www.ashtarilombok.com
Mawun beach, south Lombok (take a driver to go there!)
Where to eat in Canggu ?
- Café Veda : https://www.facebook.com/cafeveda/ –> my favorite #1 in Canggu !
- The Shady Shack : https://www.instagram.com/theshadyshack/ –> my favorite #2 in Canggu !
- Betelnut café : https://www.instagram.com/betelnutcafe/
- Avocado Café : https://www.instagram.com/avocadocafebali/ –> their spirulina energy ball is soooo delicious !
The two pictures on the left are in Café Veda, and the one on the right in Avocado Café, Canggu, Bali.
- Crate café : https://www.instagram.com/cratecafe/
- Café organic : http://cafeorganicbali.com
- Samadi Bali : see the yoga section above.
- Deus ex machina : http://deuscustoms.com/cafes/canggu/
- Nalu Bowls : https://www.instagram.com/nalubowls/
- Montaggu Sandwich bar : https://www.instagram.com/montagusandwichbarbali/
Form left to right, Betelnut Café, Shady Shack et some fresh fruits bought on the market to eat during the day. Canggu, Bali.
Where to eat in Seminyak ?
- Shelter café : http://www.sheltercafebali.com/#home
- Nalu Bowls (just under The Shelter café) : https://www.instagram.com/nalubowls/
- Sisterfields café : http://sisterfieldsbali.com/
- Alchemy (Potato Head) : https://www.instagram.com/alchemybali/ et http://alchemybali.com/
- Cafe organic : http://cafeorganicbali.com/
- Earth café : http://www.earthcafebali.com/
- Zula Vegetarian paradise : http://www.zulabali.com/ et https://www.facebook.com/zulabali/
- Divine earth : http://www.divineearthbali.com/
Shelter Seminyak, pics from instagram
Where to have a drink in Seminyak ?
- Finn’s beach club : http://www.finnsbeachclub.com/ (rent a scooter to go there!)
- La plancha or the other beach bar next to it on the beach.
Where to eat in Gili Air ?
- Mowie’s bar : https://www.facebook.com/mowiesgiliair/
- Gili Bliss : Page facebook
- Captain coconuts Gili : https://www.instagram.com/captaincoconutsgili/?hl=fr
- Pachamama Organic Café : https://www.facebook.com/pachamamagiliair/
Captain coconuts Gili Air, pics from intagram
Where to eat in Gili Trawangan ?
- Kayu café : https://www.facebook.com/kayucafe/
- Pituq café : https://www.facebook.com/Pituqcafe/
- Garden café by The Yoga place
- The Banyan Tree : https://www.facebook.com/thebanyantreegili/
- Restaurants on the seaside by night.
Where to eat in Bingin beach ?
- The cashew Tree : https://thecashewtree.com/ et https://www.facebook.com/thecashewtreebingin/
- Kelly’s warung : https://www.facebook.com/kellys.warung
- Bukit Café : http://www.bukitcafe.com/
If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact me via the contact form.
And if you test it, do not hesitate to tell me which is your favorite! For my part, the top 3 is:
THE SEEDS OF LIFE, UBUD
CAFE VEDA, CANGGU
SHELTER CAFE, SEMINYAK
Fruity breakfast at my ghest house in Gili Air